Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Totally Normal Tuesday

Except it wasn’t.

What did you do today?

I was here. Driving a car. In the motorcade. Yes, THAT motorcade. (as were my mom and a knitting buddy whose schedule was clear when I was asking vague questions last week)

Rumor has it that I’ll get a print of my (group) picture with 44 in the mail in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, Tigger was a little shy, but I can show you a few things that happened when I didn’t have to have both paws on the wheel.


Tigger and I drove a media van. “Camera 1” to be specific. We had lots of TV photographers and two official people from the plane with us, since we were the lead media van and had a brief part of the route at the venue where we weren’t following the leader.

While we were waiting for everyone to tour the V&M STAR plant, Tigger wanted his picture taken at the venue


After “The Remarks,” 44 did a little meet-and-greet with some factory staff. Look for the red collar on his black coat


Need a little more help? This is super-zoom on my point-and-shoot camera, so it’s not the greatest


And with that, my friend (yellow tie) who gave us this incredible opportunity shook hands with the guy in charge of the motorcade volunteers


And we were off. Back to the Air Force base and all of our passengers were gone faster than you would believe. A few more photos …

Yeah, It’s THAT plane. And it’s HUGE

Tigger is a camera hog


There are a couple more images HERE. They’re wire photos, but there’ pretty cool (I think). You can click around a bit if that suits your fancy.

And on that note, I am exhausted. And coughing. A lot. Here’s hoping that a good solid night’s sleep will solve both problems nicely.


Jenn said...

I finally told my mom what we were up to today and she's going to be telling everyone at work tomorrow. I told her there was going to be a picture, I did not tell her what position I am in in the photo. HAHAHAHA.

Thanks again (to you AND your friend) for the adventure!

floribunda... aka Julie said...

oh -- how very cool!

SJ said...

Sorry I couldn't be part of the adventure (trust me, it was the worst possible day for it!), but glad to hear it went well! Hope you're feeling better this morning.

Jen said...

Ditto what Sarah said. Cool photos!

Donna Lee said...

What a day. Not at all like my Tuesday. Very very cool.

MollyBeees said...

WOW! I am impressed! Hope you feel better soon!

Dee said...

What I've always known is now official. You. Rock.