Friday, April 25, 2008

Much like Westley ...

I haven't been all dead, only mostly dead. I don't get sick often, and when I do get sick, I doubt that I deal with it all that well.

Wednesday morning at 4 am, I woke up with a truly awful stomach bug. I never left the second floor of my house all day Wednesday, and the Hubster actually worked from home in honor of my level of miserable. That decision was probably influenced by seeing me lying face-down on the bathroom floor following my first attempt to do a little time-sensitive work. What can I say? I was hot and the tile floor was cool. It felt good! Yesterday was better, but still painful. And I slept. A lot.

Today, I feel human for the first time since Tuesday. I'm a little weak, but that's probably to be expected since on Wednesday I consumed about 30 oz of water, 8 oz of gatorade and two pretzel rods. Yesterday consisted of more water, a doctor's visit to reassure me that I wasn't dying, gatorade, ginger ale, a couple more pretzel rods, some tortilla chips and a string cheese.

I'm supposed to go to a fundraiser dinner tonight. We'll see how I feel when it gets to this afternoon.

I haven't knit anything since Tuesday. Thanks to Yvonne for checking on me :) I am feeling better, though, and I hope to post again relatively soon. Have a good weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No problem -- just wanted to make sure you were okay!!

Trillian42 said...

Oof. Being sick stinks. Feel better!!!

Jenn said...

Yuck, I can deal with coughing, no problem, but stomach virus is the worst! Hope you're back to full strength soon!

Sarah said...

Ooh, yuck! I noticed the blog silence, but I just thought you were away for work again. Hope you're feeling better soon -- and fully recovered by next Weds.!

Anonymous said...

Feel better, I was sure getting worried. I was ready to call!

Celtic Queen said...

I hope you recoop for next weekend. And it must be 'tu blave' for hubster to work from home. :P

Jess said...

Man, I feel for you. Its the worst kinda sick. Hang in there. Eat a little more, you'll feel better.