Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stuck

I showed you my Brooks Farm Riata vest yesterday.

That photo was taken pre-Hurricane Knitters. By the time I was done with the Hurricanes and came home and knit for a relatively short period of time … I’m now through two of the nine rows of button band, at which point all I have left is finishing work.

Hence, the problem.

I should have thought of this last Saturday when I was at Bloomin’ Yarns. I need buttons for this thing!

Speak up, Burghers! Where do YOU go when you need great buttons?

I can field trip on Friday. I do plan to check at Bloomin’ then possibly go down to Canonsburg and check out the Knit Shoppe and will probably swing by the J-store as well.

This problem needs to be solved pretty quickly. I don’t want to lose momentum on this project and the last thing on earth I need is another UFO!

In other news, I’m swatching this yarn


So I can knit the last architecture in New Pathways. WOOT!

Mom, Suzie and I checked out the Three Rivers Quilters quilt show today. I didn't take many pictures and none were particularly blogworthy. I must admit that I became quite spoiled going to Road to California and Glendale annually for the last seven years.

The good news is that we found multiple good shops that are between here and the Lake, mostly right off of I-79. I got two charm packs of 6” batik squares and a very reasonably priced kit for a cute Safari quilt.

Since the show was basically at South Side Works, we visited REI while we were in the neighborhood. I got a pair of fuzzy Merrells at a very good sale price, and I was weak and picked up another pair of the most comfortable sandals I have ever put on my feet (today, I got the Oak Tree Blue colorway. Already own Shirley Wedgewood).

It was a beautiful day and I didn’t go for a walk. Shame on me. Perhaps I’ll either do that tomorrow or Ill take a walk PLUS mow the lawn/leaf wrangle.

I love our trees, but damn, those leaves really kicked my ass this year.

Start talking buttons (please)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a store on the South Side, Parker Button Co, 1700E Carson St. 412-432-3200. They have a million buttons. Canonsburg has some nice buttons. Dee

Anonymous said...

Oops, Parker Button # is 412-432-3288. Dee

Sarah said...

I'm pretty boring when it comes to buttons. Usually I only go as far as the button aisle at JoAnn's. I did go to Parker Button (as Dee suggested) for my CPH, though.

Anonymous said...

My buttons have been bought at JoAnn's, Natural Stitches, and then there was this independent button type person at Rhinebeck where I got the buttons for Sonnet.

LaurieG said...

I'll second Parker Button! You were just up the road at Southside Works! (And I'll recommend Taco Loco for great Mexican food, too.)

aimee said...

can't wait to see more of your quilts. i've almost finished going thru my fabric stash and i do have some cottons/cotton blends. i also have a huge bag of scraps too! plus lots of fabric more suited to clothing. drop me an email if you're interested. and one of these days i might check out the knitting group :)

aimee

Jess said...

I actually like the buttons at the Joanns in Robinson. I really didn't until recently. They kind of upgraded their button section so they have a lot more to choose one and really cool ones to boot. Good luck!