Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There’s Nothing To See Here. Move Along.

Actually, there’s a pretty good amount of stuff going on here. But I can’t show you much of it. Two super sekrit knitting projects and a basement full of stuff I can’t show you. So you get to see an updated Big Thaw picture

1028bigthaw.jpg
Pardon the crappy photo. It was raining outside and this was the best non-flash photo I could figure out.

I stayed up way too late last night getting the collar finished. The armholes look gigantic, but then I remember that the saddle sits on top of the shoulder and they’ll tighten up once I arrive on Sleeve Island.

Very quick knit, and if you have your knitting radar turned on to make sure the stitch motif down the front is correct, you’ll be cooking with gas in no time.

No socks or other “travel knitting” on the needles at the moment. I have one more pair of gift socks to knit, but I haven’t decided what I want to knit and with what yarn, so that will wait for a little while.

In other news, starting today the photo quality on this here bloggity blog may go down for a while. Back in May, I did something supremely stupid and damaged my beloved Nikon D90.

d90sad.jpg

I've been living with the cracked screen all summer because I didn't want to be without my camera, but now it's time to get it fixed. It’s headed off to the repair shop today. Here’s hoping it’s not gone too long.

7 comments:

Trillian42 said...

OMG. That was just painful to look at - poor camera!

Jenn said...

Just think how nice the poor camera will be when it's fixed! :)

Jen said...

Poor camera. :( Hope you get it back quickly!

Sarah said...

Oh, poor Nikon! Hope you get it back good as new very soon!

Bezzie said...

I'll be honest, it took me a while to figure out what was wrong with the camera. But now I have to ask, what did you use to take a picture of the broken camera? It did a good job!

Donna Lee said...

I like the simplicity of the sweater. It took me a minute to see where the camera was broken, too. I kept trying to figure out what that was a photo of!

Melissa said...

Sooper Sekrit Project Time is the perfect time to get the camera fixed! Gee, who's feeling the silver lining today?