Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Bat Signal

Let’s talk Color Affection. I was knitting along on the border last night, and it’s official. I hate it. Not the whole thing, just the CC2/border color. Thankfully, I have a big ‘ol stash, so I went diving last night. Here’s what I came up with.
CA_replace.jpg

On the left is a Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20 that I purchased last November. ON the right is an even longer-aged Bugga. Last night, I thought the Bugga was going to be the way to go.

CA_bugga.jpg

But today? In sunlight? I think it’s the ZYG.

CA_zyg.jpg

Either way, it’s going to be a big improvement.

CAreplaceValues.jpg 
 
What do you think? Please! I really want your opinions!

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Personally I like the brighter blue...I think it will pop more. The other one feels more muted, and would blend in too much for my tastes.

Jenn said...

Not to split the vote, but while I first leaned to the brighter bugga, I do think the Zen works.

Trillian42 said...

I think you can't go wrong with either one, but I think I like the ZYG a little better. The brighter blue just seems too bright to me.

Pinko Knitter said...

I definitely think the ZYG is the better choice.

Sarah said...

They both look good, but I'm leaning toward the ZYG.

Donna Lee said...

I like the color on the bright one better but I think the zyg is the better fit for your piece. This is such a popular project! I'm not sure I understand the appeal but they are beautiful when done. Kinda like that wingspan thing.