Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WiP Wednesday: SO MUCH Better!

Last night, after I got home from a family dinner, I spent some time frogging most of my Color Affection. That medium-blue Bugga just plain had to go. Then, I wound up the Zen Yarn Garden I showed you yesterday and started over with the short row section.

0523ca.jpg 
 
Why did I knit so much after I realized I wasn’t liking the lighter blue? Those balls of purple and mint are somewhere between a golf ball and a lacrosse ball sized. And, they’re going to be too short. I made a small “change in interpretation” of the pattern instructions. 
 
First time around, I counted the wrapped stitch as one of the three past the wrap. This time, I’m knitting the wrapped stitches, then three more. But that’s OK. I have mad splicing skills and copious amounts of extra yarn in each color. And I love the new color combo, so it’s totally worth it. Bazinga. 
 
0523caZoom.jpg

Programming Note: I leave on Tuesday for the NCAA Softball Championship. I have no idea what I’ll have time to post next week, but it probably won’t be much.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks great! I think you made the right choice.

Donna Lee said...

Good colors!

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day before all the softball starts.