Monday, June 18, 2007

Finally, the "Moving" post

So it has been 10 days since the truck picked us up, and I'm finally getting around to posting about moving day.

I blame it on all the stuff I had going on the weekend of the move (June 8-10), and the fact that this is the first time I've been able to get online from home since then.


We live on a one-way street, so getting the semi parked was a bit of a challenge, but we got it done.

Here are some before and after photos:


The living room


The kitchen. Kinda boring. Sorry.


The garage.


The epitome of living inside a great big empty... My bedroom with just a lonely little lamp, an Aero bed and a couple of pillows. Four more nights, one at my aunt's house, then I hit the road.


Oh, and since I'm a fiber geek, I was quite intrigued by this lonesome moving pad brought in by our moving team. All of the rest of their pads were monotone. Mostly blue. Then there was this one really cool patterned one. I wanted to steal it and make something out of it. What? I don't know. But I had to at least take a picture!

The Hubster unloaded the truck in Pittsburgh last Friday and started his new job today. I'm hoping to have my last finished object, a quilt, ready for a post tomorrow. Please bear with me over these next few days. I'm running around like a crazy person trying to see everyone before I skip town. I'll make as much time to blog as I can, but no promises.

No comments: