Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fake-ation For the Win!

It’s been a good final stay at the Lake for 2010.

0928beach2.jpg


As you know, I got here Sunday night shortly after sunset.

On Monday, it rained for a good chunk of the day, and it was relatively cold out. I took a walk anyway.

I think it was “Top Gun” where Tom Cruise described a “target-rich environment,” just before she lost that lovin’ feelin’. That has pretty much described both of my walks on this trip as it pertains to beach glass.

0927glass.jpg

Some of the highlights:

0927glassA.jpg

0927glassB.jpg

And a marble!

0927marble.jpg

I woke up to some pretty heavy rain this morning, but it cleared up a bit this morning, and I zipped down to the beach for a few minutes. I finally remembered to take a couple pictures of the where I walk when I’m up here. I walk to Lake Erie State Park, which is where the tiny green patch and white dot are in the following photo

0928beach.jpg

Can’t see it? I don’t know why not. But I’ll help you out a bit

0928statepark.jpg

Yeah. It takes me between 60-90 minutes to get there and about the same to get back. I’m guessing it’s about three miles one-way.

We had rain for good chunks of the morning, but things finished up around lunchtime. I went out and walked the whole way to the park and back. The weather was getting crazy on the walk back. Major wind and the Lake was getting much higher (rougher) as I walked. No matter. I still got an impressive amount of glass today.

0928glass.jpg

The plan tomorrow is to wake up, take a walk then head down for Hurricane Knitters. Here’s hoping for good weather in the A of M.

2 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I love your collections of beach glass. It's so pretty. A nice way to spend the walking time!

Sarah said...

It's looking good down here for your drive back, though I don't think our views are as pretty as your beach views.