Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor Day

Hi there! Hubster and I headed up to the Lake for 2/3 of the long weekend. Since I worked Saturday. It was his last trip up for the year, although I hope to go up a couple more times before the end of the month.

Anyhoo, the wind was amazing when we got up there on Saturday night. We arrived at the house about half an hour before the power went out, but that wasn’t such a big deal. It’s amazing how quickly my body manages to “power down” after arriving at VBP.

Sunday was an inside-the-house day because the wind was still pretty high. I did spend a few hours in my hammock chair, which was do-able because it hangs from a relatively wind-protected portion of the house.

No beach walk on Sunday because, well, there was no beach. The lake was entirely too high because of the weather.

We actually had a pretty good sunset that evening, which was a bonus. I took a completely excessive number of photos. Here are the highlights.

0907sunsetA.jpg

0907sunsetB.jpg

0907sunsetC.jpg

0907sunsetD.jpg
You can't actually tell in the above photo, but it was really obvious that all of that sand had been underwater extremely recently.
0907sunsetE.jpg

0907sunsetE.jpg

Otherwise, I spent the weekend furiously knitting a pair of Fuzzy Feet for the Hubster. Since Monday was the last time the felting-friendly washing machine and his ginormous ski feet were going to be in the same place in the same time. I got ‘em done and you’ll see them here shortly.

There was a walk with some good beach glass on Monday, but I totally forgot to take pictures, so I’ll try to include those with my WiP Wednesday stuff tomorrow. Hope all of you had an enjoyable long weekend as well!

2 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I love the clouds in the first photo. they look so solid floating there. The aftermath of a storm is always so interesting (although sometimes a mess!)

Jenn said...

Rufus was irritated on Saturday because the wind kept blowing his fur the wrong way.