Sunday, September 26, 2010

So Far, So Good

As planned, I left for the Lake shortly after the Steelers victory in Tampa Bay this afternoon. I didn’t make it in time for the “official” sunset, but as I was bringing stuff into the house from the car and getting settled, there were some great colors going on from the “afterglow” of the sunset.

Oh, and I remembered ALL of my power cord. Like I said. Progress.

Enjoy the photos.

0926sunsetA.jpg

0926sunsetB.jpg

And, about 10-15 minutes later …

0926sunsetC.jpg

0926sunsetD.jpg

0926sunsetE.jpg

As I was snapping away from a neighbor’s seawall, I kept noticing the beautiful reflection in the picture window. My shutter had to be open for so long, it was difficult to capture the image. This was the best I got.

0926window.jpg

I hate how early sunset is now (thank you, autumnal equinox!) but all in all it’s OK. Now I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing 2.5 days up here, finishing with Hurricane Knitters down in Pittsburgh on Wednesday night. Then it’s back to reality. Can’t wait for that, either!

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

So pretty! Awesome how it changed from blues to oranges and reds in just a few minutes.