Tuesday, November 27, 2007

On the Road Again

Yup. RT and I are once again exploring the Eisenhower Interstate System.

This time, we're with my mom and aunt. Today was all about the yarn and fabric.

It's late, I'm tired (after watching last night's suck-fest. yikes.), so you're just getting the basics. I didn't bring the loot in from the car, so we'll get to that later.

First, we stopped in Grantsville, Md., at Four Seasons Stitchery.


I got three cuts of fabric and a magazine. Photos tomorrow, or the day after.

Then we had lunch at Penn Alps and hit the road again, heading to McLean, Va., and the Jinny Beyer Studio.


Major loot there. Yikes. Yarn and fabric. And a book. Really cool book. Jinny was there while we were, but she was like a tornado. There and gone.

Loot pictures tomorrow (if I have web access and time) or Thursday when I get home. It's cool stuff. Don't know how it will photograph, but trust me.

After that, it was a stop at my cousin's house nearby to see my cousin, his wife and their two boys (2 and 8 mos). Then shopping (Crate & Barrel, Levenger), dinner (Gordon Biersch) then hotel.

I had a moment of panic during dinner. I thought I had left my most favorite-est work accessory (my original Levenger pocket briefcase, which they no longer make) at the big Ketchup bottle last night, never to be seen again. Heart sank, felt ill, the whole shebang.

The good news? It was in my "big" work bag. Phew!!!!!

The bad news? My iPod bricked last night. Please keep your fingers crossed that it's just taking a good long nap and will decide to work again tomorrow or Thursday. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I honestly mean it -- I don't want a new iPod! I wanna keep this one!

Nothing I can do but wait and see ... and get some sleep. Tomorrow is Valley Forge. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looking forward to seeing your acquisitions!

Jen said...

Looks like you're having a fun road trip!

Did you try rebooting your iPod?